Dec 18, 2010

a gift-wrap Guest Artist

I was asked to be a guest artist this week, but as a gift-wrapping guest artist! Fun right!! I wanted to post part of my guest post on my own blog, since gift-wrapping ideas have been my most asked question lately.

Here's a few of my tips & ideas for holiday gift wrapping:

*decide on a color scheme to use for your gift-wrap





* Instead of ribbon, try using a long strand of handmade paper garland.


* Use a handmade pom-pom in place of a bow.



* Use Glue Dots Craft Dots to attach your layers together, they're small and very sticky!

* To make a quick and simple gift box, use a natural Kraft box and add a small white paper doily to the top. Next, take 3 or 4 various lengths of ribbon, lace and or trim, and layer one on top of the other. Sew down the center of the ribbons to secure. Place the ribbon bundle on top of the gift and add a plastic snowflake on top, followed by a large handmade pom-pom. Use the yarn from the pom-pom to wrap and tie all around the gift.





















































































* Look for non-traditional items to use for gift-wrapping, like flocked wall paper, clothing pattern tissue, large hand cut butterflies, rolled silk flowers, cards of buttons and my favorite, small clothes pins!!









To see the rest of the interview and guest post, check out this blog post. I still have just a few more gifts to wrap this weekend!!

9 comments:

Danielle said...

OMG looks like you have such a blast decorating and wrapping up the gifts :)

EVERYTHING looks incredible!!!!! I love the peppermints, the candy canes, the pompoms, and especially the snowflakes <3

kim c said...

simply gorgeous...Merry Christmas

Alicia said...

Beautiful!

Irma said...

OMG! who cares about what's inside when it's wrapped like this! ;)

Ester DurĂ£es said...

wow!! this is so adorable, the packages are super colourful! I love all the ideas, can't wait to put them in practise in all kinds of gifts! :)

j. wilson said...

lookie! my giftie is famous! we're in l.a. so i'll keep you posted upon its arrival! soooo excited!

Everlasting Blooms said...

ADORABLE! I don't think I would want to unwrap them, they are SO pretty! :)

Cate said...

Wow what an inspirational tutorial. It's certainly pepped up my own wrapping this Christmas! Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh Looks like it's decided to let me comment again... weird internet.

I wouldn't open these presents! You should make some fake ones with nothing in. Just as ornaments!